1. A good pair of jeans
Jeans are honestly one of my all time favourites. They're the easiest thing to throw on and can easily be dressed up or down. They're warm and versatile and they come in so many colours and styles it's crazy! Although you really only need one good pair, they're extremely easy to get carried away with (I may or may not own 5 pairs) so beware. A few of my favourite places to get jeans from are:
- Topshop
- Zara
- General Pants for Lee and Wrangler
2. A coat
Coats are perfect for throwing on. They'll keep you warm and looking great and they're so easy to wear. They're more on the dressy side so they're perfect for a night out or a lunch. They also look really nice when they're layered with a jumper or a knit underneath. My favourite shops for coats are:
- Zara
- Myer
3. Jumpers (lots of them)
Jumpers are my go-to in winter. They're easy to chuck on, just like jeans and coats (I'm sensing a pattern here) and they come in so many different varieties that you can never have too many. I like cable knits and oversized jumpers the best, although turtle necks are slowly growing on me and I find that they look best when styled with jeans or underneath a coat. You can get a good jumper from pretty much anywhere, so it's just a matter of hunting the right one down!
4. Chelsea Boots
You've probably seen me mention Chelsea Boots in some of my posts, mostly because I'm absolutely in-love with them, but it's no surprise that they're making their way into my winter essentials list. They're a really classic shoe and, in my opinion, can never go out of fashion. Another positive is that they're not exclusive to winter like coats and jumpers are, you can also wear them in summer. Just trade jeans for shorts and you're good to go! I'm still on the lookout for the perfect pair, but I'll definitely let you guys know when I've found them.
5. Moisturiser and Lip Balm
Winter has the tendency to dry out my skin and my lips, so moisturisers and lip balms are essential. My lips get cracked really easily, so I always have some lip balm handy. My face also becomes quite dry if I don't moisturise regularly, so after I wash my face in the mornings, I always apply moisturiser. My favourite brands for moisturise are:
- Neutrogena
- Palmer's
- SugarBaby (from Myer or David Jones)
My favourite brand for lip balm is:
- Lucas' Papaw Ointment
- Zara
- Myer
3. Jumpers (lots of them)
Jumpers are my go-to in winter. They're easy to chuck on, just like jeans and coats (I'm sensing a pattern here) and they come in so many different varieties that you can never have too many. I like cable knits and oversized jumpers the best, although turtle necks are slowly growing on me and I find that they look best when styled with jeans or underneath a coat. You can get a good jumper from pretty much anywhere, so it's just a matter of hunting the right one down!
4. Chelsea Boots
You've probably seen me mention Chelsea Boots in some of my posts, mostly because I'm absolutely in-love with them, but it's no surprise that they're making their way into my winter essentials list. They're a really classic shoe and, in my opinion, can never go out of fashion. Another positive is that they're not exclusive to winter like coats and jumpers are, you can also wear them in summer. Just trade jeans for shorts and you're good to go! I'm still on the lookout for the perfect pair, but I'll definitely let you guys know when I've found them.
5. Moisturiser and Lip Balm
Winter has the tendency to dry out my skin and my lips, so moisturisers and lip balms are essential. My lips get cracked really easily, so I always have some lip balm handy. My face also becomes quite dry if I don't moisturise regularly, so after I wash my face in the mornings, I always apply moisturiser. My favourite brands for moisturise are:
- Neutrogena
- Palmer's
- SugarBaby (from Myer or David Jones)
My favourite brand for lip balm is:
- Lucas' Papaw Ointment
No comments:
Post a Comment