Friday, 7 February 2014

Birkenstock

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, school only just started about a week ago (yuck!) and things have been a little bit crazy. Anyway, I though I'd just make a quick little post about a good, old, German sandal called Birkenstock.

They're back. The humble Birkenstock sandal is back and it's taking the fashion world by storm! It's incredibly strange seeing fashion-froward people such as Ashley Olsen and Heidi Klum dressed in them,  especially since they were once (and to some people, still are) a cringe-worthy shoe. 

I always used to find them horribly ugly (especially when I was little). My dad's pair/s were strictly reserved for slipping on when taking out the rubbish or hanging the laundry, for me at least. I can't say the same about him. I'd never ever ever thought of them as being in any way fashionable or stylish, however, my views on the once horribly ugly, German sandals have changed drastically.

I'm now silently praying (and also cringing at the idea that I could possibly like my dad's sandals) that my feet grow just a tiny bit bigger so that I fit into them. I see them as the ultimate fashion statement and as an extra layer to add to an outfit. I especially love they way people wear them with baggy jeans and loose tops or with trackie-style pants (like Bassike have done in their latest collection).

 Bassike Spring/Summer '14 Collection. As I said just above, I love the way a pair of Birk's look with a trackie-style pant.
 I don't know who this girl is, but I do know that I love the way she's wearing Birk's. Dungarees are one of my favourite items in my closet right now, and I love the way she's paired them with the sandals and white singlet.
 Miranda Kerr for British Vogue - September 2013

Ashley Olsen looking as good as ever in double denim and a pair of Birkenstock's. Whilst they're not the typical 'Arizona' style, she's still managed to make them look effortlessly fashionable and chic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment