My mum had told me from a young age: "Pick a job that you'll like and that you're passionate about. Don't just do it for the money," and I honestly think that is the best advice anyone has ever given me. I don't want to be stuck waking up at 7 a.m. for the rest of my life, to do a job that I don't want to do, and hating myself for it. I don't want to end up with a minivan and a mortgage for a house that I don't like. I want to end up waking up at 7 a.m. to do a job that I enjoy so much it doesn't even feel like a job, and loving myself for it. I mean, we all die eventually. It's inevitable, and I don't want to die regretting what I did or didn't do.
My little space on the internet where I blog about fashion, photography and anything else that tickles my fancy.
Saturday, 25 January 2014
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Almost everyone as a child gets asked: "What do you want to be when you grow up?". My first memory of the ever-so-famous question was when I was seven. I remember my mum asking me what I wanted to do when I grew up and I remember telling her that I wanted to be a fashion designer or 'something to do with fashion'. When I was nine, I wanted to be an author. When I was ten, I had no clue what I wanted to do. When I was eleven, I wanted to be an architect. When I was twelve, I decided that I didn't want to be an architect, I just liked the idea of designing my own house. And now, I've come full circle. I'm back to being seven-years-old and wanting to do something in the fashion industry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment