Sunday, 2 March 2014

Rainy Days

Yesterday marked the first day of Autumn. It's official everyone, summer is over. The once scorching hot, don't-touch-me, summer days are now wet, cold and windy. Towards the end of February, I went from living in my cozies to living in my jumper and even now, as I'm writing this, I'm sitting in my fluffy, baby blue robe (perks of blogging include being able to be productive whilst wearing your pyjamas and fluffy robe). I though I'd make a post today, seeing as it's currently raining cats and dogs, about things that keep me entertained when the weather's not so great.

1. Watch a Movie
Okay, if you don't love watching movies whilst there's a mini hurricane going on outside, you're lying to yourself. I love making a little bed nest full of pillows and blankets and stuffed animals (call me childish, I don't care). A few months ago, I hung up some fairy lights so I like to turn them on too and wrap myself up in a blanket burrito.

2. Take a Steaming Hot Bath
Nothing is more relaxing than a good old soak in the tub. During summer, it's far too hot for baths, so autumn/winter is prime bath time. I like to fill up the tub and put in a LUSH Cosmetics bath bomb (they smell heavenly) and some bubble bath (a.k.a shower gel). 

3. Curl Up and Read
I have the tendency to either read an entire book in a day or not read for about six months straight. It can be a little frustrating at times, especially since I borrow most of my books from the library and they come with a due date. On days where I'm practically home-bound, such as rainy days, I like to read. Right now I'm reading three books: Messy, The Carrie Diaries (Summer in the City) and An Abundance of Katherines, all of which I haven't finished, but plan to.   

4. Cook Pancakes or Whatever Else I Can Find
Normally, there's at least one bottle/shaker of White Wings Buttermilk Pancake mix in our pantry. It's almost a staple food in our household (is that bad?). I don't know why, but the fact that it's pouring outside instantly makes the idea of pancakes more exciting for me. If there's no pancake mix, which most of the time is due to my 10-year-old sister who eats enough food to feed a small country, I like to cook whatever else I can find. Whether it be 2 Minute Noodles, brownies or soup.






















No comments:

Post a Comment